Refreshing & Healthy Snacks for This Summer
The summer heatwaves have started and more than ever it’s important to stay hydrated. Here's what we've been stocking our fridge with and some of our favorite healthy snacks .
Watermelon & Feta
A well-known fan favorite. You know what they say, right? If you can't go to Greece, just bring Greece to you! We love feta cheese and we love watermelon, so it makes sense that we put 2 and 2 together.
Lemon Mint Ice Water
Naturally, water had to be mentioned, but see what we did was to add a little bit of spice to it. We offer you a refreshing ice cold water with some lemon juice and mint on top. Exactly how refreshing does this sound? ... Right!
Frozen banana pops
While fruits are staying on the top of our list, we thought, why not make it even more fun? Here's what we have in mind:
- ripe bananas
- chocolate or peanut butter
- toppings (crushed nuts, coconut flakes, granola, etc.)
What to do:
- Peel and cut bananas in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick in the cut end, and place in the freezer on a baking tray until frozen (approx. 3 hrs).
- Organize any toppings you want on plates. Melt the chocolate if you need to.
- Dip banana pop in chocolate or peanut butter, rotating to coat and then immediately roll in desired toppings. Place the decorated banana on a baking paper. Repeat with with all banana pops.
- Store in a container in the freezer or eat immediately.
For the ones that don't have such a sweet tooth, we have prepared an easy & fast to make, cucumber salad. Simply cut the cucumber, season it with olive oil and some vinegar or lemon, add some chopped garlic (don't do it if you have a date that same night!) and some chopped dill. Et voila! Incredibly satisfying...
Now that you have all of our suggestions, get started on that grocery list and enjoy your summer days!